Is your organization missing from this list?
If your organization . . . or an organization that might serve some of the clinic's patients . . . is missing from this list of resources, please let us know. The clinic hopes that together we can make this "go to" source for information!
Resources in Bandera and across the Hill Country
Resources in Bandera
Although Bandera County does not have a hospital, there are still many groups that may help you find a solution to your health problems or will give you information about resources in the local community.
About food. Because times and locations for food distribution change frequently, please call before you drive to distribution points. If you find something has changed, please contact the clinic, so we can fix this list of resources.
- Helping Hand Center of Bandera County. 830-796-8300. Distributes food boxes and many other items for assistance Monday through Friday,
- Lake Hills United Methodist Church. 830-751-2404. Hot meal and fellowship Monday, 5:50 to 6:30 p.m.
- Silver Sage. 830-796-4969. Congregate meals Monday through Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Make your reservation by 9:30 a.m. Silver Sage is the only provider of Meals on Wheels for Bandera County. Call if you need home deliveries.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society (through St. Stanislaus Catholic Church) distributes food boxes on Thursdays 9:30 a.m. to 12:30. They also provide financial assistance for rent, utilities, and medical care if you qualify. 830-688-3001
- St. Victor's Catholic Church. 830-751-2557
- ART, Alamo Regional Transit, schedule a ride
About local and regional healthcare options
- Arthur Nagel Community Clinic, 830-796-3448. Free healthcare to Bandera County residents who have no health insurance and otherwise qualify for care.
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission, 830-796-3739. Immunizations, food stamps, Medicaid, unemployment.
Peterson Health Support Services in Kerrville, Texas
- Diabetes Support Group, 830-258-7285
- Ostomy Support Group, 830-258-7285
- Cancer Support Group, 830-257-2070
- Dementia Support Group, 830-258-7461
- Amputation Support Group, 830-258-7554
- Mental Health Support Group (NAMI), 830-258-5077
- Childbirth and Beyond Support and Classes, 830-258-7444